Hey Everyone!!It's been a while since I've posted. I'm having a few issues with my MacBook, sorry for the delay!
Today's post will be all about finding and embracing my personal style. As we all know, having on the perfect outfit will make you feel amazing! I think we should feel like that everyday!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: IF YOU LIKE IT WEAR IT!
Personal style was a touchy subject for me, because for so long I couldn't figure it out & I felt like I didn't have a personal style! It's like, I know what I like but conveying the message didn't always come across clear. (in my own opinion) I don't necessarily feel as though my style should fit into one box but I want my #OOTD to make sense, and of course look AMAZING! I think one issue was comparison. I had to learn that the looks that I put together will not look the same as they did when it was just an inspirational outfit... Learning that making the look "my own" is what made it work! I just had to say STOP COMPARING KELZ, this is YOUR LOOK!!
I've always had items that I gravitated toward and I tend to pick up pieces that vibe. When I sat down and thought about it, I decided to really learn about myself and figure our my signature style.
MY STYLE: MODERN DAY BOHO CHIC
For starters, I'm someone who loves to be comfortable!!! I dress comfortably 85% of the time. the other 15% I'm not completely uncomfortable... but I deal! Learning to dress for my body type is essential for comfort and aesthetics. Highlighting my best features is also extremely important!
When thinking of enhancing my personal style I though of the colors that work well with my skin tone... this for me is key! This brought me to to my second realization: I ALWAYS wear black. I have it on right now! LOL there's nothing wrong with that, but a few weeks ago I went to a fashion show and decided to step away from my normal black attire... I wore different shades of blush and nude with a splash of black...(pictures below) I got tons of compliments on the outfit. When my friend jasmine saw me she went WOW Kelz, you look completely different without black on!! Thinking back on it, I loved the color, and it encouraged me to do this more often. So this spring and summer, I will be colorful!
#FunFact I have a ton of clothes, yet I still have a hard time pulling an outfit together!!
My Staple Pieces:
- I love a great kimono or super long cardigan (preferably with pockets) to complete my look.
- I ALWAYS wear leggings!! I just cant stay away from them.
- Hoops, I love Hoops!!
- Just accessories in general
- A great bag
I created this look on Polyvore as an example of my ideal everyday style.
Thanks for reading!! I hope you enjoyed this post!! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe to my blog for updates!! See ya soon!
-KALLMEKELZ. Xoxo 😘